Podcrash is looking for an extraordinary Game developer to join our Bedrock team to help create immersive stories and gameplay for Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Our ideal developer has a strong understanding of Minecraft and its gameplay systems. They also have experience designing and implementing their own systems in Minecraft.
While all content will be created for Bedrock Edition, we welcome applications from Java delelopers looking to move to Bedrock, and can provide training assistance.
- Designing and implementing in-game systems based off the game designer.
- Collaborate with game designers to plan out systems, and add your unique spin on things.
- Attend regular design meetings remotely.
- Be available to assist your team members.
Know how we work!
We pride ourselves on our flexibility and adaptability. Podcrash is a remote company. Unlike other teams, Podcrash operates in small groups or “Pods” where you can choose what projects you work on with a small team and help out other teams when they need it. You can invest your time in projects that interest you, and we provide an environment that embraces spontaneity, creativity and most importantly allows your imagination to be in control.
It is important that you have the ability to speak, message and hold conversations at a native English level. As a remote company, your ability to understand and be understood is vital. You should also have the means to participate and engage in Voice calls (on Discord)
Being self-motivated and able to work on your own and in teams is crucial. You need to be able to work in an environment where you’ll be expected and encouraged to be creative, self thinking, able to manage your own time and won’t have frequent monitoring.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge of Minecraft.
- Comfortable using an all-function development process and maintaining best practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of formats such as JSON, MCFunction and Rawtext.
- A portfolio of creations on Java or Bedrock to showcase work.
An ideal candidate would have:
- A basic understanding of programming fundamentals
- Prior experience with the Bedrock platform.
Podcrash is located in the United Kingdom. Non-UK citizens are encouraged to apply but can only be brought on as an independent contractor. You must be of legal age to work in order to apply for this position.