After the popularity of our recent release of Cops and Robbers 5, we thought it’d be a great time to release some information on the different escape routes you can take to free yourself from the prison. So if you’re having a little trouble finding your way out, or looking for a new way to impress your friends, this is certainly the guide for you! If you’re not the reading-type we’ve created the below video of the tutorial’s content:
This tutorial contains spoilers for the map, and we highly recommend that you have a good explore first before reading further, it’s all part of the fun so make sure you give it a try before reading any further!
So how many escape routes are there?
There are two main escape routes, and a small number of other (more secret) side escapes. How many have you found before reading this tutorial? If you’re looking for a few small tips and not a full-on guide then make sure you’re considering the following:
- Have you tried exploring the vent system on both the first and second floor of the map?
- Are there any buttons around the prison that look… press-able?
- Pay attention to any on-screen messages you get, do any doors set off alarms?
- Look for high-security areas that you may not be able to access as a prisoner… how do you suppose you can find your way into these areas?
No luck? Keep on reading, and we’ll walk through you the escape process, step-by-step.
The first step – Making your way to the third floor
To get you started, all of the main escape routes start from the third floor. So we’re going to have to make our way their first.
Method 1 – Taking the stairs
1. On the second floor, explore around until you’re able to locate a room with the following lever on the wall if you’re unsure where it is look out for a room with a table, you can’t miss it:
2. This lever will retract a piston in the stairwell, clearing the debris that is normally there. If you’re already found these stairs, perfect, if not follow the next step.
3. The above staircase can be found in the room to the one you just pressed the lever in! Have a look around! Once inside, you’ll need to navigate around a small maze, but I’m sure that won’t be any trouble.
Take the staircase once you get to it, and climb to the very top. This should lead you out on the third floor where the next part of your escape will begin. Once you’re there, skip the method below (or try it as an alternative), and get reading the “Once you’re on the third floor'” section for your next escape steps!
Method 2 – The library route
1. As the title suggests, you’re going to want to make your way to the library first. If you’re not sure which room that is… it’s the one with the books. Once you’re there climb your way up to the third floor via the central staircase. This is going to be the starting point for your escape.
2. Once there, search around until you find two pillars with out-of-place stone buttons. This make take a bit of searching!
3. Press one of the many buttons on both pillars (making sure you don’t take too long before pressing the first button). This should open up a secret door in the bookshelves. You’re going to want to make your way through this door fast, as it will close behind you!
Once through this door, walk along the corridor and you’ll have made your way to the third floor. Once your there, follow the steps in the next section to continue your escape!
Once you’re on the third floor
You’ve made it this far, and can almost taste freedom I’m sure, but there’s still a few more steps to do until you’re out!
Regardless of the way you’ve taken to get to this stage, you should be in a long, narrow hallway which marks the start of the third floor. Walk along this hallway until you get to your first right (or left) turn depending on the route you took here, and follow the steps below:
1. Walk down the new corridor that you’re now on, and take the first vent that you come to on your left (there should also be a vent on the right, but don’t take that one). This vent should lead you directly to the security room.
2. Once you’ve made your way to the security room, you’re going to want to press the “Pulsate Security Fence” button on the wall.
3. After pressing this button you’re only going to have a few seconds to make your way out of the door to the now-opened security fence, so go fast!
4. Once through the fence, walk through the iron door and across the connecting bridge to the central tower.
Let’s get out of here ! – Now for the actual escaping part
From here you’ll have two different routes you can take to exit the prison. The first, standard route, is suggested to prisoners wanting to go at it alone. For the second, you’re going to need a partner, so make sure you invite you friends along on your little escaping-trip if you plan on taking this one!
Note: Below this point are major spoilers to core gameplay within the map. Read further at your own risk!
Route one – A solo story
1. Make your way directly through the wardens tower to the other side, where you’ll find a jumping puzzle. Watch your step here, as falling could spell an… early escape…
2. Traverse across the rooftop until you can find a vent in the ceiling. Press the button nearby, and aim for the water below.
3. Once you land, you’ve made your way into the high-security area! So, congratulations… I guess? We recommend giving this area an explore, as there are lots of different hiding places and secrets, but if you’re short on time or have someone chasing you, have a quick look around for this corridor:
4. Keep walking along here, and take the first and only turn on your right, then then your first room on the left. This should be easy to spot, as it’s labelled “General Storage”. Once inside, locate and complete the small parkour challenge.
Congratulations! You’ve now made it to the front door of the prison, and escape should be easy from here. Search around outside for any methods of transportation that you think could whisk you away. But if you’re out of steam from all of your escaping and want a little guidance, skip the next escape and straight to the “Once you’re out the front door” section.
Route two- Bring a friend
As implied by the title, if you don’t have a friend with you, this route will not be possible! Not to worry though, now you know how to get to this point, you can give them a step by step guide to come and meet up with you.
1. When looking towards the first escape, take the bridge on your right across to a set of cells.
2. Go through the iron door and take a left towards the overgrown cell. This should be easy to spot, as it’s the only one with leaves in it!
3. Enter the cell and clamber over the leaves until you reach an opening right at the back! This should definitely be hidden enough make sure you’re not spotted making your grand escape.
4. Parkour across the leaves puzzle around the size of your building, accompanied by your friend on to and over the walkway. Jump down in to the courtyard and follow the building around outside until you get to the prison’s maintenance entrance.
5. This is the point you’ll need a friend to help you out, requires two people to open. Position your friend over one of the pressure plates, and yourself over the other. Presto! The door should open, and you should have access to the maintenance entrance.
6. Once through the entrance you should be in a small dark hallway. Take the first left you get to and go straight ahead towards the front-desk!
Congratulations! You’ve now made it to the front door of the prison, and escape should be easy from here. Search around outside for any methods of transportation that you think could whisk you away. If you’re still a little unsure, have a look at the next section for your final piece of advice.
Once you’re out the front door
1. Walk out of the door and follow the path around the side of the building towards the train.
2. Enter in to the train hangar, and make your way to the last (red) train carriage, and enter. You’ve now officially escaped!
Let’s wrap it up
That you so much for reading this post, and more importantly for playing Cops and Robbers. We hope you had as much fun playing it as we did making it! If you have any further questions relating to anything Podcrash, or have noticed anything we’ve missed out in this blog, give us an email at [email protected], or tweet us @podcrash. If you’re looking for people to play the map with, feel free to join our Discord community, there’s always someone’s always up for playing, and it’s a great place to meet new friends and interact with our team.
For now, see you guys soon, and happy playing!
Ooops, thank you for scrolling 🙂
Since you’ve scrolled down this far, here’s a little secret for you. If you locate two acacia buttons hidden around the map, your escape will be much easier! To give you a reward for reading to the end of this post we’ll give you a few hints on the location of these buttons:
To locate the first button…
1 . Make your way to the prisoner pool, and locate the vent system nearby.
2 . The first acacia button is position in one of the corners of the boxing ring.
To locate the second button…
1 . Explore the map to find the kitchen area. You may have to look at the vent system along the ground floor corridors.
2 . Once in the kitchen, find you way to the back room, and use the parkour to locate the secret vents area.
3. At the end of the vents you’ll find the second button. Once pressed it will open the “Special access door”.
We’ll leave finding this door up to you… best of luck, and happy escaping!